Thursday, May 21, 2009

Personal Declaration of Independence Day



-->
Personal Declaration of Independence Day
By Diane Webb
Sooner or later everyone has to have what I call a “Declaration of Independence Day”. This is when you decide from that day forward you will be free from the manipulation of others. You just simply will not respond to manipulation anymore. What a wonderful feeling to be free to finally live the life you were born to live!
You will: Make decisions based on what you believe in your heart is right
You will: Not worry as much about what others think
You will: Not always try to please others at your own expense
You will: Not care if people dislike you or talk about you
You will: Not respond to guilt trips
You will: Not worry if people think badly of you
You will: Not let people use or take advantage of you
You will: Believe you have a right to have some enjoyment, peace, and happiness
You will: Believe you are as important as anyone else
You will: Wear what you want even if it is out of style or looks really bad on you (like a purple mu-mu)
I had my “Declaration of Independence Day” on my 40th birthday. My only regret is I waited until 40 to begin living my life, pursuing my goals, doing some of the things I enjoy, and not feeling like something was wrong with me for doing so.
My hope & prayer for you is that you too will have a “Declaration of Independence Day” and have many years to enjoy your new life!

2 comments:

  1. I sure need to work on some of these things. Thank you for posting this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things come to me in spurts. It is usually after i have exhausted everything and I am just fed up with everyone else and I remember me. I would like to do these things before I get exhausted. Like now. Maybe my independence day will be soon.--Amy B.

    ReplyDelete