Sunday, February 21, 2016

A to Z Coping Strategy

To keep your mind off of things, reduce anxious feelings, help you sleep, or redirect your self from cravings or panic attack:  Take the letters of the alphabet and in order (A-Z) name things, places or people you are thankful for.  For example, I am thankful for:

A-Alena and America
B-The Bible, Blue (our dog) and BACON
C-Chocolate and Coffee
D-Daddy and Desserts of all kinds
E-Emerson and Electricity
F-Freedom and Family
G-Georgia Weather and Gravity
H-Horses and Heaven
I-Ice Cream and Internet
J-Jesus, Jack and Justice
K-Kira and Koala Bears
L-Love, Liberty, Lyndon and Lucy
M-Mary Beth and Money for what I need
N-Nose Spray and the United States Navy
O-Ocean and On-line shopping
P-Plumbing and Pizza (not together, please)
Q-Quentin's Place and Quarters for the vending machine
R-Ray and Red (the color)
S-Stars and Supermarkets
T-Telephone and Travel
U-Umbrellas and Underwear
V-Vehicles and Vaccinations
W-Water and Warm Clothing
X-X-rays (but really I was thinking "thankful that my ex is my ex")
Y-Yeast rolls with honey butter
Z-Zoe, Zebras and Zippers




No comments:

Post a Comment