Friday, May 15, 2009

Taking back your power


TAKING BACK YOUR POWER by Diane Webb, LCSW

• I can not change other people, only myself (although I can influence people by the way I react to them)

• I decide how I feel

• No one can make me happy but myself

• I generally get what I tolerate

• I am the only one who can change my life

• I am in charge of my life

• I do not have to explain myself

• I do not voice my fears

• I avoid sharing personal information

• I only trust people who have proven themselves trustworthy

• I can handle whatever comes my way (it doesn’t have to be gracefully)

• I can stand what I have to stand

• I always have a choice in how I react

• I am responsible for my feelings

• It’s safer being alone than it is being with certain people

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are so good to remember. I should memorize them.

    ReplyDelete