Friday, December 18, 2009

Journaling Ideas by Diane Webb


Normally, with my clients,  I am opposed to journaling--especially for those who are depressed. I use to write only when I was mad, sad, or  upset.  What I ended up with was some very depressing journals which did not accurately reflect my life--it only showed the bad.  I ended up putting them all in bleach water then trashing them.  Over time I have discovered some positive and productive ways to use journaling.  Here are some ideas:
1.  Write each day what you are thankful for (at least 3 things per day)
2.  Write down your answered prayers
3.  Write down insights and inspirations
4.  Come up with themes to write about each week (past memories one week, favorite pets the next)
5.  If you do write bad or negative thoughts or feelings, make sure to balance them out with positives of at least an equal number if not more
6.  Write down what you love about different people in your life (a different person per day)
7.  Write down meaning ful Bible scriptures as you come across them
8.  Write about life lessons learned each day
9.  Write about your closest moment with God each day
10. Write things you have learned throughout your life that you want to pass on
11. Lists of favorites
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment