Saturday, January 16, 2016

Lesson's Learned in 2015 by Diane Webb

Keep trying, no matter what, never quit trying
(lost 40 pounds)

Anger boomerangs and it's bigger when it comes back at you
(don't lash out)

Wait before responding because you can't take it back
(some things are better left un-said)

Silence is sometimes the best response
(You don't have to answer every question or comment)

Truth without kindness is brutality indeed
(People don't want to hear the truth and they care less for your opinion)

Listen harder, better, longer, and more often
(People just want to feel heard even when you can't help)

We are all selfish to a certain extent and it's not cool
(I'm more selfish than I've been willing to admit)

When I point or judge it's really myself I'm talking about
(I don't live up to my own standards for myself so I take it out on others)

It's not too late to make things right with people you've hurt
(The past is over but that's no excuse not to do better by people you love now)

People, most of the time, are pretty forgiving when given half a chance to
(They just want to know you are sorry and you care)

There's no such thing as "constructive criticism"
(No one cares what you think and they already know their own faults and mistakes)

Prayer works, I need to do it more often
(Prayer is our number 1 purpose and mission in this world)

Hurt people really do hurt people
(Look past the hurtful and see the hurting)

All people are hurt in some way or another
(Let's just be as patient and kind to each other as we can)

Ignoring negatives works better than confronting them
(You don't always have to respond to rudeness or inappropriate things people say and do)

Most of my bad feelings, thoughts, behaviors are because I'm avoiding sadness
(When I find myself acting like a "dry-drunk" I need to ask myself who or what I am sad about)

I love people who have hurt me and that does not make me foolish
(I'm still going to love)

My time and money need to be spent on the people and things that really matter the most to me
(Time is more important than money)





No comments:

Post a Comment